For a long time the wristwatch was considered to be an essential piece in every wardrobe. They have been worn for over 100 years. Over the last decade there has been a subtle shift and the watch is no longer considered to be an essential item for many people. In our technology driven society many people say that they don’t need a watch because they have a phone. But having to constantly fish for a cellphone can be extremely inconvenient. Here are just a couple of the reasons we think you should still consider wearing a watch:
• They are a convenient way to check the time. In some situations, it can be extremely rude to consult a cell phone even if you are only looking for the time.
• They are very fashionable and a great way to express your style. Your watch can say a lot about you.
• Your cell phone may need charging, or you may misplace it. Your watch will always be with you.
• Watches make great heirlooms to pass from one generation to the next.
• Many watches hold their value or can even increase in value over time.
If you have gotten out of the habit of wearing a watch, we hope you will give it another try. If you are thinking that it’s time for an updated timepiece, stop into Amoskeag Jewelers today. We have an extensive we have an extensive selection of men’s Seiko and Wenger Swiss Army watches already in stock. We have a watch to fit every style and budget.